Image: Copyright © London Borough of Lambeth/ Lambeth Archives
This mill was located at the rear of what is now 30 Westow Hill. It first appears in the Rate Books of 1813, and had quite a turnover of tenants until it was pulled down in the 1850s.
The ledgers of the Ashby family of Brixton Windmill show they were commissioned by tenant Anthony Holloway in the 1830s to do some repairs and alterations to Westow Hill, including fitting patent sails.
The Ashbys also fitted a new pair of Peak stones and dressed some French stones the following year. However, they seem to have had difficulty receiving payment!