Image: Copyright © London Borough of Lambeth/ Lambeth Archives
This tall, ten-sided smock mill was the most northerly of three windmills that were erected around Lambeth Walk in the 18th century. A panorama of the Thames from around 1830 shows it to the right of Lambeth Palace as seen from the river, its height being about two-thirds of the height of Lambeth Church tower.
The mill was used to grind drugs until 1867. It was demolished to make way for the London and South Western Railway extension and housing.